Learn DevOps: The Complete Kubernetes Course
Course Link- Learn DevOps: The Complete Kubernetes Course
Learn how you can run, deploy, manage and maintain containerized Docker applications on Kubernetes
- Be able to understand, deploy and use Kubernetes
- Get started with Containerization and run those containers on Kubernetes
- Use Kubernetes as a single node and on AWS
- Be able to run stateless and stateful applications on Kubernetes
- Be able to deploy WordPress and MySQL on Kubernetes
- There are no immediate prerequisites to start this course. The first lectures in the course will explain how to install the software
When Google started running containers a decade ago, nobody could reach this kind of infrastructure agility and efficiency. Using this knowledge, Google released Kubernetes as an free and open source project. Nowadays Kubernetes is used by small companies and big enterprises who want to gain the efficiency and velocity Google has.
You can containerize applications using Docker. You can then run those containers on your servers, but there’s no way you can manage those efficiently without extra management software. Kubernetes is an orchestrator for your containers that will create, schedule and manage your containers on a cluster of servers. Kubernetes can run on-premise or in the cloud, on a single machine or on thousands of machines.
This course will help you to gain understanding how to deploy, use, and maintain your applications on Kubernetes. If you are into DevOps, this is a technology you need to master. Kubernetes has gained a lot of popularity lately and it is a well sought skill by companies.
I will show you how to build apps in containers using docker and how to deploy those on a Kubernetes cluster. I will explain you how to setup your cluster on your desktop, or on the cloud using AWS. I use a real world example app (WordPress with MySQL – blogging software) to show you the real power of Kubernetes: scheduling stateless and stateful applications.
The introduction lectures that show you the Kubernetes desktop installation are free to preview, so you can already have a go at it before buying the course!
This is the fourth course in the “Learn DevOps” series. You don’t need to have watched any previous “Learn DevOps” course, but if you find you need some more background on microservices and containerization, then I would highly recommend you to take the course “Learn DevOps: Continuously Deliver Better Software”.
This course also has Closed Captions (English subtitles)
- There is no prior knowledge needed, but a dev/ops/cloud/linux/networks background will definitely help
- The course optionally uses Kubernetes on AWS. If you want to learn more about AWS itself, you will need to read some AWS documentation or take another AWS course. The course only explains how to use Kubernetes on AWS, it doesn’t explain how to use AWS itself. Still, all steps that you need to follow are explained in this course.