OpenStack Essentials: Learn OpenStack, Install & Operate Your Own IaaS Cloud!
- Cloud computing background
- In depth understanding about Openstack architecture and components
- In depth understanding of capabilities and features of openstack networking
- In depth understanding of object and block storage options
- In depth understanding about instance lifecycle
- Have your own Openstack instance that could even run on your laptop or pc
- Launch VMs and manage their lifecycle
- Operate your openstack cluster from dashboard
- Operate your openstack cluster from CLI
- A physical or virtual machine to install openstack
- Linux command line experience
- Virtualization concepts
- Networking concepts
- System Administrators
- Cloud Engineers
- IT Leaders
- Network Administrators
- Anyone with an IT background and wants to level up career!
Linux Foundation ranked OpenStack® as the most popular open source project. It’s market is projected to grow at 30+ percent in the upcoming several years. Openstack is gaining more and more attraction in private cloud market and also serves as the foundation for public clouds. Organisations throughout the world have aggressive OpenStack adoption plans, but they list IT skills as their #1 challenge to getting started.
This course has been designed for IT professionals seeking to develop a solid understanding of OpenStack and it’s core services. It will help any IT professional or manager who want to find out if OpenStack is the right solution to meet the needs of their organisation. In addition to hands on lessons at the end of each section, the course also includes a separate section which includes the exact steps for deploying latest OpenStack release Ocata. Participants will be able to start operating and using OpenStack to develop confidence for moving forward with next steps.
The course begins with an overview of cloud computing and OpenStack. After the overview there is a dedicated section to OpenStack installation which is followed by separate sections for each of the core openstack services and the web dashboard. In each section we will go into the details of the service and it’s architecture. For the most important services like Nova and Neutron we’ll do a deeper dive and cover them in a much more detailed way.